Makes one large jar, 1.5 litres
For the paste:
- 2 garlic cloves, bashed & peeled
- 15cm fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 2 tablespoon palm sugar, grated
- 2 tablespoons Korean red pepper powder, or Gochuchang if unavailable
- 3 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1 Chinese cabbage, core removed, finely chopped
- 1 mooli, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
For the paste, place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until well combined and a paste has formed.
Using gloves, massage the paste into the cabbage, mooli and fennel for 10 minutes.
Pack the kimchee into a large, clean jar. Cover the top with clingfilm. Leave at room temperature for 3 days then cover with a lid and refrigerate.